Gone are the days when someone had to physically present themselves at the airport or travel agent to book a flight. Thanks to advanced technology, mobile devices reach and internet access one can now book flights anywhere, anytime on their smartphones or computers.
Jambojet, a regional airline that currently flies to 7 destinations in Kenya and 1 in DRC, is one such service provider that has made it easy and affordable for passengers to book and pay for their flights at their convenience.
Here is how you can book your Jambojet flight in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Check Availability
Visit the Jambojet website www.jambojet.com. On the top menu, there is a widget market “Book”. You will then be required to select your departure station, your destination, travel dates, and the number of passengers, then click “Search” to check availability.
- You can choose currency either Kenya Shillings or USD
- You can select either one-way, return, or multi-city options
- You can book up to 9 people on the Jambojet website
- Children under 13 years can be booked, and travel on their own, through their contact center under the Unaccompanied Minor program
Step 2: Select your flights
Here, you will see all available flight options to and/or from your destination with the fare for each flight per person. Select your preferred flight by clicking the button with the fare. Where applicable, select your return flight. The total amount due will appear at the top. Once you have confirmed and selected your flight, accept the terms and conditions then click “Next” to proceed.
- There are two fare options; Basic, which only gives you 10kg cabin luggage, and Smart which is bundled with 23Kg check-in luggage, seat selection, and the option to change your flight at no extra cost.
- You can edit your flight selection, or adjust dates at this stage of the booking process
Step 3: Passenger details
Here, all the details pertaining to the passenger will be required as they appear on the National ID or Passport. Details such as name ID/Passport number and contacts will be required. Click “Continue” to proceed.
- This is where you will enter your Jambojet Rewards Member Number if you are not signed in to your account.
- If you have not signed up for Jambojet Rewards, sign up here to start enjoying the benefits.
Step 4: Add-on services
Book any additional service that you may require eg preferred seat, check-in baggage, special baggage, or special assistance. If you do not need any of these, you may choose to skip the step and click ‘next’.
- If you don’t select a seat, one will be assigned to you during check-in
- Purchasing check-in baggage online is half the price of purchasing a check-in bag at the airport
- Learn more about the items allowed in your check-in and cabin or carry-on baggage in the links provided.
- Exceptional assistance services for persons with disabilities and unaccompanied minors are offered free of charge
Step 5: Payment
This is the last step. Review your booking and make your payment. There are various payment methods available including;
- Mobile money; M-Pesa, Airtel Money
- Credit/Debit card; Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Union Pay
- Redeem a voucher or pay using your Loyalty Points
- You can also pay using cash or a POS machine at our offices.
After payment, you will receive an email with your itinerary. You can check in online between 30 hours and 1 hour before your flight departure to reduce your waiting time at the airport.